Find the perfect bangs for you
In the previous post I gave you a few pieces of advice to consider before cutting a bang. In the next step, as I promised I will try to look a little deeper into different kinds of fringes and who they would or wouldn’t fit. A lot of the people I know say that bangs are not for you if you have short forehead but it’s not totally true. Yes, you need to be careful to choose the right style but it’s true even if you have long forehead. Although we tend to point a famous person’s hairstyle and tell the hairdresser to make that for us, it’s better to confess (and love) our own shapes and textures. With a wrong choice we can create a look we wouldn’t like so the aim is to find the perfect bangs for you. So if you are still just thinking about cut or not to cut a fringe, but not ready to visit a salon, read this post and try to find the possibilities that may fit the shape of your face.
What are the main shapes of face and how you can determine yours in order to find the perfect bangs for you?
There are six different kinds of face shapes and the easiest way to figure out which one is yours is simply looking in the mirror with your hair pulled back with a headband.
- Oval face shape: Check the length of your face. Is it about one and a half times the width? If the answer is yes and your forehead is about like your chin or a little wider you possibly have this face shape.
- Round face shape: The length and width of the face are the same. Cheeks are rounded. Do you match this one?
- Square face shape: As far as I see the strongest part of this shape is jaw and chin and strong jaw make it look square. People with this shape usually have the same width forehead and jaw line.
- Oblong face shape: It almost like oval shape but a little longer with narrow chin. To be honest – just like many others – I didn’t realise the difference before.
- Heart face shape: Having this shape means wider forehead and cheekbones with a narrow jaw line. It is really like a heart if you have a look at it.
- Diamond face shape: The last one resembles the previous one because of the wide cheekbones and narrow chin but people with diamond face shape have narrower forehead. Cheekbones are the strongest and widest part of the face.
Now that you’ve had some pieces of information about how you can determine your face shape time has come to find the perfect bangs for you.
Bangs for oval face: Well, the women with this face shape are really lucky because they can wear any style and it’s not only about bangs. So if you belong to the lucky ones, finding the perfect bangs for you is mainly about what you like and what you would be happy and satisfied to wear. Depending ont he texture of your hair, too.
Bangs for round face shape: With this shape you have to be careful because bangs can make your face look even fuller if you don’t find the perfect bangs for you. The aim is to show your face a little longer and you can do it with side bangs. Another option is trying baby bangs (or blunt micro bangs) being short enough to leave some space between your eyebrows and bangs. This way your face will look a little elongated.
Bangs for square face: With this shape it’s better to say no to straight cut fringe and long heavy bangs. It’s better to choose a choppy or curved one that can soften your jaw line. A centre-parted Bardot bangs with tapered ends will bring attention to your eyes. Long side bangs or flippy side bangs can also be good choices.
Bangs for oblong face: As it resembles oval face, bangs can be really nice on this shape. The aim is making the face less long and fringes can do a lot about that. Straight cut or side swept bangs covering your forehead and grazing your eyebrows will make your face shorter. Tapered ends and centre-parted bangs are also look nice on oblong faces.
Bangs for heart face shape: If you have this facial structure you can decrease the width of your forehead and increase the width of your jaw line by choosing the perfect bangs for you. A long, side-swept fringe or a layered bang are good choices for this purpose.
Bangs for diamond face: If you have narrow forehead and chin and your cheekbones are the widest points of your face you can create the illusion of having kind of an oval face with long, side-swept bangs. You can also try centre-parted bangs to hide narrow hairline and baby bangs also fits to this face shape. Avoid heavy, rounded bangs and straight fringes.
Of course these are just examples because more things must be considered in order to find the perfect bangs for you. Face shape is one of them but the texture of your hair also matters. The best decision is still going to a salon and ask for advice from a professional. Nevertheless I am open to your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or use Your Beauty Hair’s contact form.