Hair growth products with CBD oil.
Maybe you agree with me if I say that CBD oil is one of the most exciting things now on the beauty market. The buzz about it is not surprising. Some people welcome this change while others think it to be harmful and dangerous. Maybe it’s because of the incomplete knowledge. We can easily judge something by the cover. In this case some people think it’s toxic because it’s derived from a plant being toxic. The reason I write about it is the fact that hair care is also involved. Some hair salons have built this kind of offers into their services, and companies are also trying to feed the new demand by developing new products. Hair growth products with CBD oil.
What is CBD oil?
CBD oil is not equal to Cannabis, Marijuana or Hemp. Moreover these three things are not the same either. Cannabis Sativa is the family, Marijuana and Hemp derive from. These two plants have a different appearance and chemical compositions. The component to make you high is THC what is in Marijuana. CBD, what is a short name for cannabidiol comes from Hemp and will not change your state of mind. Thinking about my own pieces of information after reading about this topic in the first times, I was confused as well. Why? Because of a small but very important difference in the names of cannabidiol and cannabinoid. CBD and THC are both cannabinoids (two from more than a hundred) but only CBD is cannabidiol. I just simply mixed them, and it made me feel kind of helpless before.
Is CBD harmful or safe?
Given I’m not an expert I cannot make unquestionable claims about it. Studies are ongoing to know more about its side-effects and benefits as well. Nevertheless in 2018 FDA approved the usage of CBD as a therapy. Unlike THC from Marijuana, CBD is not psychoactive and the World Health Organization declared it not to cause harm. (2017) Some believe that CBD can have an effect on some receptors in the body and make a good influence on the immune system.
Hair growth products with CBD oil
Let’s get back to hair care now. Not only hair salons started to use this ingredient but there are more and more CBD infused products on the market as well. So, what can this oil do for our hair? Why can we suppose any positive effects on hair and scalp after using this oil? You can buy different kinds of products with CBD oil, and hair care products are not exceptions either.
- It’s said to contain a lot of Vitamin A, E and C. These antioxidants can support the health of your hair.
- It’s rich in fatty acids, like (but not only) Omega 3 and Omega 6. They can make your hair hydrated.
- It can be a good source of calcium, magnesium and potassium. Important nutrients to keep overall health and support hair growth.
- The amino acids in the oil can help to prevent hair breakage and maintain a natural texture.
- Massaging it into the scalp can improve blood circulation.
As I see hair growth products with CBD oil can create favourable conditions for hair growth. With the vitamins, fatty and amino acids it can support also your scalp and healthy scalp is the beginning of beautiful hair. If you like using natural oils, you may be interested in a shampoo with CBD oil.
Is it legal?
In the United Kingdom CBD is not controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act, and products with this oil can be sold legally. It’s true only with a maximum 0.2% THC content as described in the article of BBC News.
After all, I’m open to your feedback and don’t hesitate to contact me if you have some questions or suggestions. What is your opinion about such products? Have you ever tried them? Or would you consider buying hair care products with CBD oil? If you still prefer to choose another natural solution, remember following oils:
The aim of this post is sharing the information I’ve collected because I find these products really exciting. Always keep in mind that hair problems can show other health issues so it’s always better to ask for a doctor’s help if it’s not any getting better.
Writing this post about hair growth products with CBD oil I used information also from the webpages below:
- BBC News: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44534861 (23.01.2019.)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration: https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm611046.htm (23.01.2019)
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/features/qa/cannabidiol/en/ (23.01.2019.)
- Medical News Today: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317221.php (23.01.2019.)
- Medium: https://medium.com/cbd-origin/hemp-vs-marijuana-the-difference-explained-a837c51aa8f7 (23.01.2019.)