Hair care in childhood
Children usually don’t like their hair being washed but in young age the hair and scalp is more sensitive and more fragile so they need some special care. It is important to strenghten the hair-bulbs and moisturise the scalp as well. If you have a new born baby she or he may have lots of hair or nothing at all. Whatever is true in your case it is not forever. This hair will be gone already in the first 6 months and this hair loss is normal and caused by hormonal changes. The new hair can have different texture and/or type.
Infants whichever age they are in have thiner and weeker hair and all the negative effects from the environment or from the tools like combs can cause damages just like in case of adults. Let us make a list about things to consider:
- Accessories like barettes or just simply making too tight ponytails can damage the hair so maybe better to avoid them.
- Another challenging task is finding the perfect products for them. It is definatelly not that easy given every child is different. You may try several products before finding the right one for your loved little one.
- You need to measure the frequency of shampoo as well which depends on the type and the texture of your child’s hair and also on how oily or dry the scalp is. Keep monitoring the results and make a change if it is necessary. Reduce frequency in case of dry hair and increase it if the scalp is oily.
- Don’t forget that even if you choose a tearless shampoo you need to be careful about massaging and gentle to avoid making stress to the hair follicles.
- And still…after all of these points you can have some problems of itchy scalp if you did not rinse the shampoo out perfectly.
After shampoo and rinsing infants also may need conditioner but it may change as the seasons. As far as I see the main aim in childhood is not only maintaining a healthy head of hair but creating and teaching the proper habits for the child regarding hair care. It is easy to say but not that easy to do given there is not only one good way and the parents themselves are also learning and trying.
If you have tried a lot of shampoo but still have not found the best one just give a chance to a gentle and effective baby shampoo with Hibiscus flower extracts. Have a look at a product made for children and contact me at email@example.com or just use Your Beauty Hair’s contact form if you would be happy to buy it at a more favourable price.