Argan oil in hair care
I have always loved everything about Egypt and just like so many others I also had the feeling there was something miraculous about its history. The pyramids and mummies have always enchanted me so much that I had made all my presentations about ancient Egypt in the primary school. So it’s obvious that I was really super excited in 1999 when the film „The Mummy” got into the movies. But why I mention this film about Egypt when I write about Argan oil in hair care? Because it was filmed in the home of Argan oil, Morocco.
This super effective oil comes from 26-33 ft high argan trees which usually live for two hundred years in southwestern Morocco where arganeraie forests are designated as a Unesco biosphere reserve. The oil itself is made of the kernels of the argan tree and often called „liquid gold” or „miracle oil” because being rich in nutrients, fatty acids and vitamins. It is obviously not unknown in cosmetic industry given it has a lot of benefits not only for hair but for skin as well. For the ones who prefer natural solutions Argan oil can be a really good choice. If you are tired of chemicals and artificial ingredients and would like to try an organic conditioner, use Argan oil in hair care and in skin care if you like.
What can Argan oil help you about?
- It supports growing healthy hair thanks to Vitamin E, antioxidants and omega-6 fatty acids.
- It makes your scalp healthier and helps to get rid of dandruff.
- Using Argan oil in hair care can turn thin, brittle hair into healthier and stronger.
- You can treat split ends with it (but remember that the effect will last only till next time you wash your hair).
- It may undo some negative effects from dying or other chemical treatments.
- Your hair will be shiny, soft and more manageable.
- Also frizzy hair love it because it helps you to tame frizz.
- It protects your hair being dry and dull also after swimming whether you swim in the sea or in a pool.
- It is worth a try if you suffer from hair loss or your hair grow slow.
- Also protects your hair from sun damage if you apply it before going outside.
Let’s see how you should apply Argan oil if you would like to enjoy these benefits. It’s wonderful how many different ways you can use this single oil. And the list is only about using Argan oil in hair care.
- Scalp massage: You can support and stimulate your hair follicles if you apply a few drops on your scalp and massage it with circular motions, starting with the front hairline to the back of your head, then each side. It will help to reduce hair loss and if you apply it 15-20 minutes before shampooing it may protect your head of hair from harsh shampoo components.
- Shampoo: If you have dry, brittle and / or damaged hair my advice is to look for shampoos with the ingredient Argan oil.
- Hair conditioner: After using a few drops on towel dry hair as a leave-in conditioner and massaging it into your scalp your hair will be easier to manage without any greasy residue.
- Hair styling agent: Put a few drops of Argan oil to the palm of your hands and run your hands all along your hair (which don’t need to be wet). It will give gloss to your hair and make it manageable while help to tame frizz.
- Hair mask: Although there is a huge range of hair masks on the market you may prefer something natural but super effective. If so you can try using Argan oil as a hair mask. To do that apply liberal amount of oil and massage it into your scalp and hair from the roots to the tips. Leave it on your hair for minimum a few hours but you can also sleep with the mask on your hair, just use a towel to wrap your hair in to prevent staining.
- Sun protection: Appling a few drops all along your hair before leaving your home can do a lot for the sun protection of your hair.
If you would like to use Argan oil in hair care you can choose from various products with this ingredient or you can decide buying pure Argan oil. It is up to you but both ways can do a lot for the health of your head of hair.
Feel free to share your oppinions and experiences or ask your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or use Your Beauty Hair’s contact form..