Protect your hair from summer heat
The last few days were unusually hot here, in the UK so it made me think about summer hair care. 😊 To be honest a few years before I was wondering if it was really necessary to make a difference between the seasons regarding hair care. I thought why should I? …my hair is the same now and a few months later as well. Of course I have learned by experience that it is a really good thing. Although I am the same a lot of different environmental effects can make my hair suffer in summer. I love hanging out with friends and enjoy summer sun but it makes the hair dry by damaging its cuticle. …and there is nothing better on a hot summer day than swimming in the sea which also stresses hair by drawing out the water of it given the high amount of seasalt.
Summer weather can be really stressful for hair. After a hot day we are all happy to have a cool shower and shampoo as well. I was surprised when I was adviced to shampoo less frequently during this season. Too much shampoo may take the necessary oils away from scalp and at the end it can make the hair even more oily. A good solution can be using a dry shampoo or just rinsing the hair with clear water.
After writing so much about the bad effects of this lovely weather it is time to think about what can we do to reduce hair damage.
- Protect yourself from UV exposure. You have more possibilities to do that. You can wear a hat or just run your sun-creamed hands along your hair to apply some cream on it. Using hair care products with UV filter is also an available option but such products contain more chemicals then a normal shampoo.
- Use clarifying shampoo at least once a week and do not forget about deep conditioning. This shampoo will not just clean your hair but helps to get rid of nicotine and environmental pollutants while washes away the signs of ageing. For the perfect finish apply this rich conditioner with shea butter and meadowfoam.
- Given the weather is hot avoid additional heating, like flat-iron or blow-dryer and wear comfortable and loose hairstyles.
- And two more in the row to support the whole human body. Drink enough water to avoid dehydration and help your body in regulating your temperature.
- Consume sufficient vitamins and minerals.
Do your best to protect your hair and skin from the negative effects of summer and enjoy this lovely season as long as it last. 😉 If you would be happy to have more information about the products I offer or a more favourable price feel free to contact me at email@example.com or use Your Beauty Hair’s contact form.