Prevent winter hair problems
Since we’ve been over Halloween and have stepped into December everything is about Christmas. This is my favourite period during winter and I’m sure I’m not alone with this feeling. I can’t wait visiting Christmas markets with those wonderful lights and delicious foods and drinks. Nevertheless besides all the festive fun and preparations we have to remember that also our skin and hair need special care during the coldest season. We have to protect our hair and scalp from cold and its effects. Otherwise you can face one (or more) of the following hair problems:
- Hair loss
- Thinner hair
- Oily hair
- Dry, itchy scalp
- Static hair
- Split ends
Hair loss and thinner hair is a typical problem because when the temperature is too low the circulatory system of our body gets less efficient. It means also hair follicles get less oxygen and nutrients. Using hot tools also matters a lot. I don’t really like using hair dryers so I usually just let my hair dry but in winter I often use it. And the result can be even more dry hair and split ends. For protection against cold the most of us choose to wear hats, while others prefer not to wear them because it can make hair oily. I don’t like feeling cold so I’m in the first type but I did experienced its bad effects as well. As far as I see it’s very important to choose the right hat. It is better to avoid too tight ones because they can reduce the airing of your hair and scalp. In my opinion the best decision is buying one that’s made of natural material. If you want to do more for the health and beauty of your hair think about nutrition and vitamins as well. Besides drinking less in winter we eat less vitamins, too. So it’s really important to have a balanced diet. Nutritional supplements can help you to provide the sufficient vitamins and hair masks can prevent split ends. Prevention is the main goal. When the ends are already split, only a hair cut helps.
Try to avoid using hot tools too often but still remember not to go to bed with wet hair. Hot tools can make your hair and scalp dry but you run the risk of scurfy scalp if you don’t let them dry before you go to sleep. And maybe it looks strange to put oily hair and dry hair in the same list but both of them is a real problem. Well, to share some experience of my own I used to face both problems in the same time. Given I wear hat when it’s too cold I have to shampoo more frequently because the roots get oily really soon. In the meantime the ends are dry and get brittle very easily because of the cold weather and less nutrients. And about shampoo … rinsing with hot water can make your hair dry, too. So at the end of my hair wash procedure I rinse my hair with cooler water instead of too warm (just cooler but not cold because that can make hair static) and I decided to use hair masks only for the ends.
Can Vitamin D deficiency cause hair loss?
Winter hair care is not that simple but there are ways to cut bad effects of cold weather and keep your beautiful locks during winter. Don’t forget the right hat, a hair mask and a balanced diet.
Please follow and like us:
The magic behind red hair
If you feel you need some change red hair colour is also an option to try this autumn. In this post I write about this colour, but from another point of view. It’s not really about different shades to choose, but that special something myself –and I think many others, too – have always felt about redheads. At the primary school I had a schoolmate with natural red hair and I always looked at her with wonder in my eyes (and thoughts). She was the only one with this hair colour so I found her really special and unique. As a child, I have always felt to be some magic behind her red hair and to be honest, I still have this feeling as an adult. Maybe it’s because of the fact that natural red hair is not that common. Actually less than 2 percent of people are born with red hair. It’s defined by our genes and it’s possible that you have this gene nevertheless only your child or grandchild will have this magical hair colour because a person needs two copies of that gene to show up. Well, there is the chance to see if you carry this gene or not thanks to some DNA test.
Today’s beauty industry is really huge. It’s able to solve so many problems and to fulfill so many wishes that any of us can choose whatever hair colour we like. It’s up to what we want and you certainly have several different options to colour your hair. Colour it red and take part of the magic behind red hair. Today’s huge product range gives us the chance the make some influence on our appearance that has been so desired since ancient times. As far as I see all shades of red are special but some of them are so striking that you need to be brave to wear them.
Well, it’s the fact that there’s some magic around this hair colour. There are unbelievable stories in history and mythology about redheads, but unfortunately being special and unique doesn’t always bring positive things with it. Ones usually look distrustfully at people who are different. And natural red hair is really rare. In the past people found this hair colour so strange that correlations were drawn between red hair and some negative power and witchcraft. Here are some examples of different beliefs about redheads. They also show there is some magic behind red hair.
Choose your option for hair colour. Read more about dyes from temporary to permanent results.
- In Ancient Egypt red heads were offered to Osiris for a better harvest. What did it mean actually? To be burned alive. In the meantime, there are some speculations to say that Cleopatra was red-haired, too.
- The ancient Greeks believed that redheads are of bad characters and will become a vampire after death, nevertheless even Achilles and Aphrodite were said to have red hair.
- Romans…well… they had different beliefs. Red-haired slaves were really sought because they believed it meant better luck. Do you have any doubts about the magic behind red hair?
- In the twelfth century Theopilus Presbyter made instructions to make gold and the blood of a redhead was an essential ingredient for that purpose.
- Tens of thousands were sentenced between the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries in Europe only because having this hair colour. They were caught by witch hunters.
- Even today there are some cultures in Africa, where redheads are said to be witches.
- Scottish and Irish fishermen used to believe that spotting a red-haired woman make you unlucky and you’ll catch no fish.
- Russians believe that no saints can have red hair. By the way they made the redhead festival for the third time this year. Just to celebrate all things red.
- Polish superstition says if you spot three redheads at the same time you’ll win the lottery.
- I left conspiracy theories for last. Yes, there are some about redheads, too. Some people think that redheads are human-alien hybrids and they believe this because of having so many red-haired kings and queens in the past.
I would say there are no other hair colour that is so special like red. I mean natural red. People have always had some strange opinions, sometimes fears about it, whether it was good or bad. Centuries and empires built their own theories and beliefs about redheads. I suppose it’s because of the fact that we are afraid of different things. Rare things (like natural red hair) make us feel uncertain and suspicious, so we create the magic behind them, the magic behind red hair.
Just in case you don’t like red. Read more about blue.
Beliefs or superstitions, myths or conspiracy theories… I still do like red hair. For me it hasn’t lost any magic. I still stare and admire red hair. I would write natural red hair, but you can find such quality products for hair dying today that you cannot be totally sure about a colour being natural or not. What do you think? Would you try a stunning, vibrant tone this autumn?
Please follow and like us:
Denim hair colour
People usually say there are not too many things in life you can be sure about. As far as I see now, one thing is for sure: summer is too short. 😉 I could imagine moving to a place with endless summer but I think I would miss autumn with its beautiful trees in several colours. Lazy days are gone with summer but something new starts. Children go back to school and working days are getting more and more busy, too. I would say this season is full of life, changes and maybe new challenges. Not to forget about new hair colours to try this autumn. 😉
Do you feel gloomy because summer is over? Would you like to make a change about your appearance and thinking about trying a new hair colour? Are you confused because it’s said to be tones of fashionable colours this season and cannot really decide which would be the best one for you? In this post I’m wrinting about a magical colour to try this autumn. It’s denim blue.
Denim hair colour: It was about two years ago when I heard about this colour for the first time. I liked it at first sight but I thought it to be much too „brave” for me. Years went away but this colour is still here and more fashionable than ever. So maybe it’s time to choose it from hair colours to try this autumn. The colour itself can vary several shades of blue inspired by jeans and it seems to be like denim in clothes: Never goes out of fashion and more or less anyone can wear it. Of course the tone will not be the same on all hairs, it also depends on the original hair colour.
If you have light hair silvery, icy tone could be the best for you. You can choose stonewashed denim hair colour which is a cool but soft option.
Indigo is a warm tone being perfect for blondes and brunettes. This colour is deeper and more intensive.
If your hair is darker you can consider wearing midnight ink denim hair colour. It’s also magical just like nights’ sky. This blue-black shade looks perfect on bronze skin.
Of course there are several tones of denim blue hair and these are just suggestions for hair colours to try this year. To make the best decision it’s better to go to a salon and ask for help and advice from a professional you trust. She will make a decision considering not only your original hair colour but the texture and also your face shape and skin tone. After chosing the perfect denim hair for you, you need to take good care of your hair to keep your hair healthy and the colour vibrant.
- It’s better to use a sulfate-free shampoo
- Regularly use rich hair masks or apply natural oils to moisturize your hair and scalp.
- Try to avoid tools with heat. If you can’t do it use a heat-protectant spray before.
So? Are you ready to make a change? 😉 Find your favourite tone:
Please follow and like us:
Hair problems in Autumn
Although I love summer there’s still something special about autumn for me. Just like about yesterday’s weather. It was raining in the little town I live, in the U.K. but the raindrops were so small like really tiny snowflakes. Like the ones you do believe that won’t ever make you soaked. Of course it will and whatever hairstyle you made in the morning you’ll see something totally different in the mirror after getting home. 😀 But this is just one side of autumn. You may face „autumn-challenges” because of stronger wind and damp weather. Another side is already having some hair damages because of summer. Let the reason be the high temperature, the pool or sea-water or using more styling products, your hair may need some extra care to prevent hair problems in autumn.
It’s possible that you took a good care of your hair whole summer and it’s in perfect condition so you just need to keep the health and beauty of it. Or you may have some negative results of summer.
Let’s see what kind of hair problems you may face in autumn.
- Damaged cuticle: During summer the protective layer of your hair often gets damaged. It’s because of the high temperature, the sun and yes, because of the sea as well. The result may be vulnerable hair with less shine getting tangled very easy.
- Dry and brittle hair: If you cared more about having fun (which is essential on sparkling summer days) than protective hair care routine you possibly have dry hair and maybe scalp. The reason of dry hair may be because of the damaged cuticle. Dry scalp often gets worse as the temperature rises and you sweat intensively.
- Dandruff: Sometimes dandruff is the reason of itchy scalp. Other times dandruff can be the result of itchy scalp because scratching too much may hurt the skin. Unfortunately there’s not a season when you are safe from dandruff because many things can lead to this problem. Hot temperatures and sweating too much is just a little part. Read more about dandruff reasons by clicking here.
- Thinner or less hair: Yes, it can happen to lose more hair when summer ends than usual. They protect your scalp from UV radiation than they fall away. It is like a natural cycle of body so you don’t need to worry about it too much but need to accept that it’s a common hair problem in autumn.
What can you do to get back or keep the health and strength of your hair?
- To get rid of hair problems in autumn you can start with hair trimming. It’s essential to cut split ends before the damage will get worse. It will make it also easier to grow your hair for autumn and winter if you like.
- Given many of us want perfect pictures from holidays and use a lot of styling products for this purpose it’s a good idea to clear your hair and scalp to remove build-ups. Use a clarifying shampoo.
- Choose hair care products with extra moisturizing ingredients and prefer natural components.
- To fight against thinning hair you can provide extra care with special hair and scalp treatments like Philip Kingsley Tricho 7 Volumizing Hair And Scalp Treatment For Fine/Thinning Hair
- Vitamin D is necessary to grow healthy hair but as summer goes by and days get shorter and shorter the level of this Vitamin drops. Now your diet is getting even more important in order to provide it in a sufficient amount. Fatty fish can help about it. Nevertheless during the colder seasons it possibly becomes necessary to take nutritional supplements.
- Choose good quality styling products. They can help to prevent even more hair problems in autumn and also about fighting against fly-away hair.
As you have already experienced cold seasons may have negative effects not only on skin but hair and scalp, too. Clarifying and moisturizing is really important but there cannot be one good way of providing extra care for your head of hair because it’s essential to adjust it to your personal needs and to the state of your hair and scalp. You may need to make some changes in your hair care routine. As far as I see the necessary steps cannot be just listed and followed by every single person because of some possible differences regarding the hair damage or structure. I hope you have found your answers about hair problems in autumn. If not, or just want to give a feedback you can do it in comments, at firstname.lastname@example.org or use Your Beauty Hair’s contact form.
Do you already have your favourite solutions? Check if they are in stock…
Please follow and like us:
The sun and the sea
Summer has a lot of benefits for our health. In this season we rather go out and stay less time inside. Riding a bike or do some water sport… Sunny weather also has a really good effect on our mood and there shouldn’t be a problem about providing sufficient Vitamin D neither. Summer simply makes us more active.
Besides all the positive effects that can help us to keep our health and beauty in summer it can cause some harmful happenings too. Hair looks shiny in the summer sun but this weather can destroy the structure of hair quickly so we need to be careful if we don’t want any damages caused by the hot temperature. Keep the beauty of your hair by paying attention to the following factors.
- Sunshine: Yes, again… UV radiaton can damage the structure of your hair and have an effect also on its colour. The damage can be even worse if you are on the seaside although you just enjoy the water. Just have a refreshing swim and you create the possibility of an increased damage. Waterdrops collect sunshine and strengthen the harmful effect. The reason is destroying the proteins in hair. Be careful also about your scalp. It can get sunburnt too.
- Salt water and Chlorine: Whether you go to the seaside or to a pool water itself may have a harmful effect on your hair and also on your skin. Even though sea salt can be really beneficial for skin it can also increase dryness and cause dehydration. Your hair can be tangled very easily. Chlorine is used to kill bacteria in pools (so we need it) but it has no real beneficial effects on your hair and skin. You will probably experience dry skin and it may even result rash to some persons with sensitive skin.
- Hair care and hair styling products: During summer it is even more important to moisturize your hair and skin. If you decide to use not the proper products all the harmful effects listed above can be worse. About hair styling it is better to wear loose styles. And of course to keep your health and beauty in summer … hide all your hot tools during this season.
Coloured and permed hair is really very vulnerable and all the damage may be more serious. Nevertheless you don’t need to let it happen. Follow these advices and reduce the harm:
- Protect yourself from sun. Wear a hat or a cap.
- Use special summer hair care products. You can find ones with UV protection.
- Avoid all hot tools. No hair dryer, no flatiron.
- Use combs made of natural material like wood instead of plastic.
- If you like try a short hair style. It is the perfect season to do that. 😉
- After swimming go straight to the shower and rinse yourself.
- Strengthen your hair from inside. You can do it with drinking enough water and providing the sufficient vitamins.
Enjoy summer and keep your beauty in the same time. Should you have any questions, suggestions or remarks don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or use Your Beauty Hair’s contact form.
Please follow and like us: