Hair in ancient mythology
Although hairstyles were continually changing in the past and will probably keep changing forever there have always been something special about long hair. Most of the women want to grow their hair and some of them do many things just to make it longer and thicker. The act of hair washing is no more only about cleaning your hair and scalp. It has become a special procedure not only for women with using moisturizers, hair masks or special hair treatments just to promote the most beautiful hair near by. This demand supports not only beauty industry but health industry as well given the fact that even special vitamins have been created to cover certain needs. They are called hair-vitamins.
As I mentioned the wonder of long and/or strong hair is not something for the 21th century. Even ancient mythology tells miraculous stories about both humans and creatures having magical strength or belief in their hair.
- Queen Berenice II of Egypt sacrified her long hair to Aphrodite beacuse she wanted her husband to return from the war. Given this offer was adressed to a Greek Goddes, the hair was stolen by an angry priest. To make a clear situation with no anger the main astronomer announced that Aphrodite accepted the offer and put it in the sky creating a cluster of stars.
- Sif, the wife of Thor had really long hair. It was reaching to the ground and its colour was like gold. One day Loki, the trickster God cut it off and took it away. The fury of Thor was so strong about it that Loki even asked the help of dwarves to weave threads of golden hair being longer than the stolen one was and took it to Thor to calm down his anger.
- Ovid’s Medusa from the Roman mythology transformed her hair in snakes in her fury and anybody looking at her turned to stone.
- Judge Samson, the strongest man of all… increased his strength as his hair was growing and this magical power made him being able to destroy a whole temple by hands.
- Novajo Indians still keep their belief about the connection of hair and thoughts. They believe the longer hair you grow the more thoughts you have.
- The Buddhist mythology says that Buddha was saved from demons’ temptation by Mother Earth sprinkling an ocean from her long hair to push the demons away.
These brief stories show that people have always referred something magical to long hair from the far-past. Maybe this magic today is „just” being more attractive or a little special but long and strong hair is still widely desirable.
And how can I help you to grow the desired hair? Click here to read about a quality product with an innovative agent and contact me at email@example.com if you would like to have it at a more favourable price. Besides choosing quality products keep in mind that hair problems can show some diseases so always visit your doctor.